MACARIO Food Justice Panel: Friday, October 18Teatro Vision | October 10, 2013
The creative process for Teatro Visión’s World Premiere of MACARIO included exploration of the novel’s themes through interviews with 23 residents of the Mayfair community of East San José and dialogues with organizations working to address hunger and access to healthy food in Silicon Valley.
Building on that dialogue, we are excited to host a panel discussion on local food justice initiatives prior to the evening performance of our World Premiere of MACARIO on Friday, October 18th. This special event is FREE and open to the public.
The panel will be moderated by Santa Clara County Supervisor Cindy Chavez and features these amazing local leaders:
- Christopher Bacon, Professor of Environmental Studies, Santa Clara University
- Raul Lozano, Executive Director, Valley Verde
- Mark Anthony Medeiros, Farm Director, Veggielution
- Malin Ramirez, Program Director, La Mesa Verde
- Jennifer Scheer, Executive Director, Santa Clara County Farm Bureau
We invite you to help us raise awareness of hunger and poverty in our community and develop collaborative solutions to growing economic inequalities in our society.
See you at the theater!